As an Event Planner we ask questions you the client might not think of --- and that's okay. After all that is why you hire us! But you don't have an event planner so are not sure what the right questions to ask are. Don't worry --- take a deep breath and relax.
When choosing a reception venue some may have an onsite coordinator --- that is awesome! Are they a Wedding Planner --- NO! So please keep that in mind when planning your big day. But they can (and should) help with all onsite reception venue questions.
Here is what I look for in helping my clients chose their Reception venue.
- Date available
- Independent caters allowed - If yes are independents allowed to use kitchen?
- Tables/chairs included in fee - some are not
- Linens/dishes included in fee
- Tent/large equipment included in fee
- Servers included
- Bar facilities - if not vendors who supply liquor?
- Open bar per person OR per drink prices
- Cash bar prices
- Coat room available
- Gratuities included
- Liability insurance included in fee
- Audio equipment available
- Music restrictions
- Square footage for band
- Square footage for dance floor
- Decorations fee
- Candle allowed
- Decorations available
- Handicap accessible
- Number of restrooms
- Wedding party changing are available
- Photography/videography restrictions
- Overtime charges (if you are not out in time)
- Security deposit
- Cancellation policy
Now that you are armed with the right questions to ask --- you are ready to book that perfect Reception venue.