I can relate to that feeling all to well. If you remember, The Road To, 2015 was my year of all most throwing in the towel. We had a miscarriage in May of that year, booked two style shoots in January alone, booked our biggest client and so much more. And I am sad to say the stress took over. Something had to change...
So I listing my 17 goals for 2017. As I posted before, Goal's vs Resolutions, I am not really big on resolutions... I never complete them so I felt I would try goals this year instead.
Here we go...
- Planned days "off" (I feel awful saying this but all three kids didn't get a birthday party last year :((. I will say I won't work these days or this day...but something always happened and I end up working. So this year I wrote in BIG letters BOOKED!)
- No Holidays (I know... what!!! Trust me I am scared about this one. But this is going to be an every year goal. In 2015 Events by Melissa had book it's third, 4th of July wedding. And when your oldest looks at you and says "so you're missing another parade with us" . It's a knife to the heart! In 2014 Events by Melissa had booked a client on every Holiday that year. It's a running joke that it was the Holiday year!)
- Launch EBM FLORAL for our clients! (That's right folks we are adding floral...EEEKKKK!! I am so excited and have been enjoying looking at Pinterest at some really amazing ideas that I can't wait to explore and try. We are only taking a small amount of these clients so if you are interested please email us :)).)
- Update/Refresh the EBM Brand (it's been five years, it's time to spice things up a bit!)
- Book five more weddings for the EBM Team
- Style 3 Style Shoots (I didn't style any this past year and I'll be honest...I missed it!)
- BLOGGING (This is something I have always struggled with...this year I will set time aside to focus on this more.)
- Redecorate the EBM Office
- Partner with 4 Local Vendors (I love working with local vendors...supporting other small business like myself.)
- Partner with two local Event Planners (I would love to work with other local event planners. If EBM happened to be booked on a clients date, I would love to be able to recommend another talented Event Planner.)
- Running (I missing my daily runs! I didn't do any running last year and I can feel it...everywhere!)
- Complete Five, 5K's (I feel like this is a yearly goal I make and I miss the mark every year...no more!)
- Take time to rest! (Such a hard one when you have a husband, children and own a small business. But I need too...I need to find time for myself to recharge my battery so I don't become burnt out again.)
- Dance/Sing more (I grew up dancing and even danced for my high school Pom squad...I bet you would have never guessed that! WE ARE THE EAGLES! I never said I was a good singer thought...LOL!)
- Learn to let go of the past (A hard one I think we all can struggle with. But it is in the past for a reason. And I need to learn that I can't fix something that has already happened...I can only fix things going forward.)
- Get my nosed pierced (I already have 7 tattoos and of course would LOVE more! But I have been dying to get my nosed pierced for awhile. A cute little stud I think would be so cute! This of course will only happened if I get Nicholas drunk enough to not remember our conversation ...LOL)
- Take more photos of our children (I have an amazing camera that I don't know how to work! Sad but true. I love taking photos of my children...they are growing up just too fast and I want to capture every moment of who they are right now.)
So there it is my friends, my goals for 2017! Have you made some goals?